Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Worry

Worry came in for a visit and sat down on the couch.

She picked up the doily from the armrest and stared

at it. I asked her "Would you like a drink?"


I could see white enamel as she said "That would be

great." She put the doily back and said "Do you have

lemonade?" The corners of her mouth spread to their


fullest. Her cheeks glowed red warmth. "I should have

some" I said. I walked to the refrigerator and saw the

open box of lemonade I picked up last week.


The glass held a pink sea of sugared lemon as I brought

it to her. She nodded to me as she took the glass from

my hands and pressed it to her lips.


Her shapely legs crossed as I sat down opposite her.

It was always hard to say when she would come by.

She always overstays her welcome.

No comments: