Wednesday, September 4, 2013

All Night

The night is so warm
that I wish to turn my music up
as high as the volume can go
so I can dance
and let my neighbors hear me
over the sound of them
having air-conditioned sex
in their homes.

The night is so warm
that I wish to get in my car
and drive up the coast
with my windows rolled down
until my car runs out of gas
and I am stranded along
a beach where
I will sleep in the sand.

The night is so warm
that I wish to drink
all manner of alcohol
with friends until
reason leaves us
at 3 in the morning and we
all call out sick from work
by not showing up at all.

The night is so warm
that I wish to feel your sweat
against my skin, in my hair,
in my mouth, until
we reach a little death, then
we'll tire ourselves once more
into a balmy sleep.

No comments: