Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Amphora

The dream always leaves before I have time to remember it.
My mornings are a blur of cloudy thoughts and physical needs
to be taken care of. Why must waking be so time consuming?
I wish I could wake and be ready in an instant. I can't be too
cheery so early in the day. I have to work up to happiness.
Forcing feelings that are not there has never helped anyone.
During summer months I leave the windows in my room
open while I sleep. The coolness of the late nights calms me
as I listen to the sound of the world breathing slow. Sleeping
and waking, waking and sleeping, so much of life happens
between the two, though, we would be lessened without
our need for sleep and subconscious fantasy. It is warm this
day and I know the moon is in repose but when she is fully
ascended I will once more leave myself to be an open amphora.

No comments: