Monday, August 22, 2016

Morning Drippings (Freewrite)

Nothing better than this
There is no place for inspiration other than the moment
The moment must be honored
Life must be lived observed and memorialized
Everything is in transit
No fixed points permanent
Permanence is a painful illusion if you are not ready to let it go
Have you ever watched a child grow up before you?
This is the course of life
Constant renewal
A sense that we are caught in a cycle
which knows no end
You are not lost
You are here
We are here together in this moment
And I will tell you
This is what your life has been leading up to
What we do now is up to us
Is this a message or a warning
This is what you make of it
I am free
I am caged by my own admission
I am ready to admit my flaws to free myself from them
Honey I have missed you
But we have let each other go
There are things which we can change
And there are things that we will not allow ourselves to
Remembering all the moments shared
How quickly summer will soon turn to fall
I have written my eulogy for myself
Take it Read it and the day you stand ready to deliver it
Rip it up and let the pieces of paper fall to the ground
If there is a casket and even if there is not
Say  This is what he wanted  Let's remember his life not his death
Somewhere in time I no longer exist
At another juncture I still live
I am no cat but I both exist and don't
Or this could be my simple misunderstanding
Driving over night
Sleeping in a van with several others
Placing faith in the driver
And each other that our lives would still be there
when we woke up

No comments: