Monday, April 9, 2018

Everything Repeating

The story is unfolding as it does every day. Pages written in silence.
We write and live and write again and again. You wanted me in
your bed. Is that dream or memory? My arm around your body.
A different Sunday many months ago driving a far distance. I went
to find something. I wasn't sure what it was or if it would even be
there. When I arrived I knew it was close. When I entered the temple
I silenced myself as best I could. I could hear the wind through the
windows. We listened and we sang. Is the answer so simple? My
mind flips back to a kiss goodbye. Unexpected but it was warm
and I could taste your sweetness. Surviving through everything that
has yet to kill us. There are choices to make. How soon are they?
Sooner than I would care for. Desert heat purifies righteous and
the unjust alike. The heat scorched land is impartial. Sweat and
tears alike evaporate. I held you as you cried. Your head resting
on my chest. So many things having fallen apart yet what more
is there that could have been done? The hour was late. The ice
had almost melted away in our glasses. These thoughts could
keep me awake all night if I let them. Everything repeating in
my mind. Over and over. How long is this lifetime? Long enough.
Too short. Never enough time for everything. Make a choice.

No comments: