Saturday, May 19, 2018

Purple and Green (freewrite)

I cannot think of what to write so I'm going to write all the same
and let the words fall where they may but the words will not fall
they will remain on this page as they should as they have been
placed with purpose by me as I have typed them out They speak
in the way they were designed and I have you on my mind but
who is the you and who is the I Image incarnate I see you face
I can hear your breath in my ears I can hear the sound of pleasure
from your lips and feel the sweat of midnight bodies It is no longer
night It is morning and grey skies color the heavens as they Sun
wonders how it is going to break through Blue skies are there
biding there time Patiently waiting to see us again I imagine my
self when I was a child and struggle to remember memories of
the life I lived the person I was at one time My body has grown
shifted and become something altogether different from the infant
I once was My mother is still here and I can see the ways in which
I take after her We share the same skin tone and a similar sense of
humor though I cannot cook at least not in the way that she can
but that is no fault of hers merely mine I continue to write without
purpose but all art could be perceived in this way by others but
that would be their loss and not of the artist How we speak What
we say How we say it These are all things that we struggle with
Deal with because we must Can I tell you her favorite colors
She said she loves Purple and Green I told her I love Blue and
Green I cannot wait to see her I feel like a child waiting for
Christmas every time I am apart from her I do not wish to be an
impatient lover I do not wish to crowd her I must be open and
trusting of her And I do love her And I do trust her That is what
I must do how I must also be Her name is on my lips but so is
the taste of sweetness the taste of her lips the taste of her sweat
the smell of her hair the memory of our bodies bare skin against
bare skin into a peaceful rest A rest where the world ceases to be

No comments: