Sunday, October 30, 2022

In Search of Divinity

How can I allow myself to be present
in my own life? I spent too much time
being a ghost to myself, disallowing 
my thoughts to peer beyond the surface
of the water. Being in this place, this 
place that has made me listen to the 
inner voice. It can speak softly, or 
admonish loudly. The depth to which
I understand has grown, yet, it leaves
me so much more aware of how much
I do not know. I strive for self-knowledge.
It cannot be given. It must be taken
through experience. Only then is it
of true worth. I cannot let myself 
live purely in the mind. I must allow
myself to connect and grasp the 
material world in my hands, to feel
the heat, to feel the frost, to know
the extremes we are all subject to.
To live fully is to die actively. 
How much of you remains from 
the infant your mother knew?
In body the change has been startling.
In mind, is it more so? 
I know we must undergo the process
of the chrysalis, over and over.
It has always been so. How much
have you fought this in your time?
How much have you embraced it?
We bear the scars of change and
carry them with us eternally.
Do you know just how much love
has been given to you? How much
of this love have you given to others?
All of it, all of it, all of it, this
should be the answer. I must give
myself fully, to those I love,
to all my sisters and brothers.
One. Wholly one. Holy one.












No comments: