Thursday, June 11, 2009

Forward Four Word Forward

This edited version is courtesy of A.P.

the original version appears below the line.


Forget Me

I am always the fool, no more 
a good man, a wise man,
than you are.

I have mourned 
love never mine
burned down friendships
that were.

My heart, foolish-suspicious.
My mind, critical-over analytical.

I don't regret the things
said that night in 
that darkly lit bar.

Meant every word.
Regret the next and last time 
I saw you.

Life is one mistake 
after another until something 
is right. That seems to be symptomatic

of these relations.

_________________________

Forget Me
I am always the fool,

never knowing when enough is enough.

I would rather drive away

those attempting to be close to me

than risk the disappointment

that seems to be symptomatic

of these relations.

I am no more 

a good man,

a wise man,

than you are.

I have mourned love

that was never mine

and burned down friendships

that were.

My heart is foolish 

and suspicious.

My mind is critical

and over analytical.

I don't regret the things

I said that night in 

that darkly lit bar.

I meant every word.

I regret the next time,

the last time 

I saw you.

You are better off without me.

Life is one mistake after another

until something is right.

No comments: