Monday, June 8, 2009

Words Written On Scratch Pieces Of Paper

A Note On This Post: titled pieces are denoted by the title appearing in Bold Italic. There is also one untitled piece. The end is comprised of one line thoughts and are meant to have no continuity to each other. Everything from this post has come from things scribbled on scratch pieces of paper at various places over the last few months.-R



Struggle
restraint
is the 
virtue
that is the
hardest
to master.



Among Wilting Roses
Petals picked 

are beautiful to behold,

relics of dead beauty.

thorns dig deep

into soft flesh.

years pass in moments.

remember them

as stills

from a foreign movie.



Swallow
there is a hole inside of me 
bigger than myself
getting ready to swallow me whole.
can you tell me,
the darkness won't be getting me?
stay away (from me)
stay awake(with me).




A New Language
there are no words
that capture
the entirety of 
what we are
together.




4our
Peace through Prosperity.
Prosperity through Charity.
Charity through Selflessness.
Selflessness through Humbleness.




Final Vision
I woke up
and it was the end of the world..
You get used to the strangest things.
No time left for dreaming,
action is all we have left 
here at the end.




Masochist
Hurt me like I was Him.
Hurt me like Them.
Hurt me like you've wanted to.
Hurt me for wanting you.



___________________________
plans are never quite what they seem.
dreams are never quite what they mean.
i'm lost here with you.
can't find land or sea,
lost here with you
if you're lost here with me.
don't let me slip away in this dream,
reach through the mire of days.
reach out to me.
_____________________________





We are never as young as we used to be.

Wandering the depths of of Iron Bottom Sound.

Past Lives Always Become Present Tense (tension?)

Art should have the emotional impact of a bomb exploding AKA Art Salvo.

Creativity breeds in unlikely places.

Your love rules me like a dictator.

Off is just as important as On.

A New Standard of Normal.

Simple Pleasures of a Complicated Life.

Sun so bright, won't you forgive my trespasses tonight?

The pettiness of our egos hampers us from being as trusting as we are capable of.

The hours drip by like melting wax.

Needless tyrant.

This might as well be heaven.

The desperation of loneliness.

We could be so much closer to ecstasy  if we could lose the lingering fear.

Never wait for love.

Looking for a brighter shade of sanity.

Finding an old balance in new surroundings.

Finding peace within disorder.

Control is always limited at best.

Bastard children of illegitimate men.

Trust no one who has never struggled with madness.

Can you feel the emptiness that grows inside from the connectivity our technology brings?

You were it but you're not the answer anymore.

Make it beautiful, make it beautiful to me.



No comments: