Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love Poem

I want to write a love poem, problem is that they have

all been written. Every possible manner of expressing

fondness or desire now seems trite and insincere. The

modern writer is then faced with the task of appearing

sentimental and cliched, incapable of expressing their

sincere and burning heartfelt feelings which must be

expressed. Such a sad fate to have your love relegated

to the dustbins of an older tradition. How many ways

are there to describe your lover? How many ways can

we express eternal devotion? How many ways can we

express a burgeoning fondness? How many ways can

I say that you excite me? How many ways can I say

that you fill me with unbridled hope and optimism?

How many ways can that inexplicable feeling be

expressed? Cliche is an honesty that everyone knows

but never wish to express.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best thing I've read on here in awhile. Keep it up!

R said...

Funny I just saw your comment. I wrote this one rather quickly. Some times you just get sick of hearing other peoples love poems.