Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Only One Thing Left to Give

He was sitting passed out on the couch with the television on.

Empty bottles of liquor and beer littered the floor like an ocean

of debasement. The light bathed him unflatteringly as the stubble on

his face was in that awkward period between being a beard and being

a razor away from presentability. I could have robbed him, killed him

while standing over his defenseless body. I had thought about it many

times but had never been so close to. I have never forgotten, I will never

forget. What he did to us cannot be forgiven. I am no more his son than

he is my father. Not tonight old man, but one night. That is a promise

you can be sure I will keep.





______________________
______________________


Freelance Death


There is always a curious creature

beating its rhythm insistently in

side your chest.



I grow inside you like cancer
feeding from your blood.


self-fulfilling prophecies

No comments: