Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Request To A Higher Power

Dear God,

I know I've been inconsistent in the times we've had to chat

but you know I try to bring about more good to this world

in the time I've been around. I'm not perfect by any means

but I have been very appreciative of my time so far. There

are things in my life I can say were a result of your divine

intervention and others that give me pause.
  

      Let me cut to the chase, I need a miracle.


I know I've asked for things in the past but this isn't so much

about me, this is about trying to keep one fleeting, hard earned

life together. You see, my father has been a big fan for some

time. From what I know, he's done his best to live a good

Christian life. He's worked hard his entire life in support of

his family and children. I still think if I had even half of his

work ethic I'd be a much better man.


Please, give him the miracle he needs. I don't know what form it

should come in, but I know it has to be big; it has to be enough

to weather the next two years. I have to swallow my ego and

my own petty notions of self. There are things more important

than just my own interests, this is one of them.


Give him this one thing.

Please.

Sincerely,

 R.C.J.

No comments: