Tuesday, May 31, 2011

JCNYC

I wanted to write and dedicate something to you

but I didn't want it to be sappy or overtly sentimental.

The problem I have with works that fall into those

categories is the schmaltzy emotion dripping off of

every syllable and conjunction. We get it, you blah,

blah, blah, blah, so and so for blankety blank reasons.

The challenge for me as I'm writing this is the hope

that if you were to read this you would understand

why I wrote it in this way. We've known each

other long enough that I think you'd get it. I'd show

it to you and you'd have a laugh which is exactly

what I am intending. Now to reign this in and try

to go for a big finish. The buzzer is down to the last

two seconds as the ball flies through the air from

the three-point line as it approaches the net. The

whole crowd waits with baited breath as one as

it gets ready to make and break a few peoples day.

No comments: