Monday, December 26, 2011

V. Excerpts From A False Novel In Progress

I.
This land of false winters beams down sunny days
for us to admire.  No ice or snow can be found here,
only endless stretches of paved streets and palm
trees in an unnatural perversion of order.

II.
Our twin sons of Faith & Reason
are fraternal, not identical. This has always been a
problem with their Mother.


III.
This dreamworld is a sham.


IV.
The only thing we have to survive is ourselves.


V.
You were in my dream last night.
I was confused. I couldn't
understand what had happened,
why he left you. But he didn't,
did he? Just part of the dream,
the fiction the mind creates
in the absence of a heart to
call your own. What a strange
dream, what a strange dream.
Did we kiss? Did you tell me
you loved me? No one does
that. I can't laugh at it though.

No comments: