Thursday, April 12, 2012

Somnus

Thinking out loud to no one in particular,
Charlie Parker blows his sax from beyond the grave
for my entertainment.

I travel backwards through a reverse chronology
and walk away unscathed from its sea.

What brings this state to be?

Somnus, I'm looking at you.

You kindness knows no bound
except for your delay at arriving
when you are most desired.

I don't look forward to meeting
your brother Thanatos.

Don't think I do not respect his work,
I would rather delay our introduction
as long as possible.

Your mother Nyx is a different story,
I've never met anyone as beautiful.
I have no problem seeing her as often as I do.

Bird met Thanatos too early,
so did many others,
but that is not your brothers fault.

Nyx has arrived.

Somnus, hasten your arrival,
we have much to discuss.

No comments: