Monday, June 4, 2012

Whittle (edited freewrite from 2/18/12)


thrash about
throttle back and forth
pound walls louder
an eighth note
pulse pulverizes
every grey cell
paint in colors of fuzz
sound as meaning
meaning as annihilation
sheer over-indulgence
hands against the wall
can't help it
too much
not enough
give up
let me hold you closer
jarred to life
live wire electroshock
become electric
city strobed in light
this connection
this disconnect
hear yourself think
gut the soul of sound
pour out vomit
purged away
the same way
I’m just
Like you
I love you
ready to destroy
everything starting over
it shows
repeat / repetition / partition
a life once beautiful
she said
I couldn’t understand
I could only see
what I could see
still bathed
a useless romantic
show me where there is
time when there is time
the when is or is the when where
when its not
still clutching past life memories
call it regression
uncovering the past
searching for the hidden lives of ghosts
we've always been
been here before
the scenes have changed
dressing never stays static
speaking in static
we can’t understand
any thing any more
simple reason has no reason
it is its own need
breathes its breath
the chilly morning
a ghost leaving
the body knows
the mind knows
the last one to know
is always
you know this
no to this
know this
to know every thing
and yes, yes,
yes to everyone.


No comments: