Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Breakup

I wasn't surprised to hear that she broke up

with her boyfriend. He never seemed quite right

for her. Honestly, I was surprised they stayed together

as long as they did. Everyone knew she liked younger

guys, but he seemed like just a pretty face. I'm sure

he was a good fuck. Before they were together she

complained about how long she had been single.

Remember the time we went over to visit? She was

all glassy-eyed when she came out of the bedroom.

I'd suspected he had gotten her into some harder shit

but I didn't want to ask. I noticed the rubber strap

sitting on top of her coffee table as plain as day.

When she sat down next to me I saw the track marks

on her left arm. What could I say? What would you

have said? It wasn't my place to say anything. When he

came out of the bedroom he sat down next to her

and didn't say a thing. He just sat there. After that night

I didn't really go over anymore. They weirded me out.

Maybe now that they're not together I'll drop by

and see how she's doing.


No comments: