Sunday, June 23, 2013

Strangers No More

You don't care about the suffering of others,
never mind my thoughts on that.

We're self-centered, are the center of the known
universe. It is easy to see why past generations

believed the Earth to be the center of Creation.
God must have laughed but thought it best

to let us figure out the truth on our own.
On second thought, I shouldn't paint you

with such broad strokes. I'm sure there have
been times you have shed tears for those

you have never met, mourned those you
never had a chance to meet. I'm thinking about

you right now, who you are, and wondering
if you know me and the contents of my heart

as it beats. I fear much as you do. I love much
as you do. I am as vulnerable and strong

as you have proven yourself to be. Perhaps
I love you. Perhaps I wish to be near you.

It feels good to think that we are not alone,
that perhaps we have just made connection.

No comments: