Monday, June 9, 2014

E without the accent mark

My Happiness lives by the ocean,
she is beautiful.

I don't wish to sound so cliche
but I supposed it's hard to sound cliche
without the appropriate accent mark
over the 'e'. In lieu of sounding cliche
I wish to say nothing of worth.
I wish to say that my time on this world
has been spent searching for something
beautiful that I have yet to define.
I know I have found it when my skin
bumps with geese, when my eyes close
yet see the world I have been seeking
with no map. I don't wish to sound
so scatterbrained but it beats having
no brain at all. I wish to not have to justify
my existence through socially defined
confines of worth. I don't recall seeing
crocodiles clocking in for work.
When I sit in traffic I marvel at red lights
marking my slow way forward. Other
creatures like myself sit, wait, wonder,
and hope to sit home, either alone or
with someone worth whiling the time
away with. I know she waits for me,
though, at this time we occupy two
places, for now.

My Happiness lives by the ocean,
I will go to her.

No comments: