Monday, October 20, 2014

A Day Like This

I cannot will my mind to nothingness
on a day
such as this-

sitting at my desk
the ambient sounds
of birds in trees
while a plane
flies overhead.

I cannot decipher the language
being chirped
because it is not for me to know.

Stillness cannot be bought
only attained
in measured doses
with much effort.

Even then
there is no guarantee
of finding that elusive
state of being.

My mind fills with thoughts
of worry and
needs to be filled.

Unease is an easy thing to find.

My worries are temporary
stops that are given too much weight.

If I could speak to you directly
I do not know what words I would have
for you.

              Do you have words for me?

If either of us have any questions
let us raise our hands now
and call on each other in the order
our hands went up.

No comments: