Monday, October 27, 2014

Faith

When I was in junior high
I remember thinking
how great it would be
to be a priest.

I went to Catholic School
and was brought up in the Church
by my family.

My Father is quite religious
and my Mother
believes
but doesn't go to Church
with the regularity
of my Father.

I remember being inspired
by Father Daniel
after our Eighth grade retreat.

He was such
a sweet and gentle man.

Father Daniel
passed away in my first year
or so of
high school.

I went to his funeral
ceremony at our church.

I was sad
at the potential
that was lost
with his passing.

I remember wanting
to be a priest

because of him.

Since then
I have doubted
my faith.

I have wandered
through the desert
of years

and wondered
from time
to time

the what ifs
of faith.

Father,
I have not forgotten
you.

I remember.

I remember.



No comments: