Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Preacher

I'm too deep in dreams to ever see the sunrise.
I have seen the sunset many times
over many places
and I never fail to find beauty
in the transition from light to dark.
Blue skies smear with pastels
that gradually darken and fade
until a singular eye
glows across the ocean.
Standing at the beach late at night
I have often wondered about the confluence
of sky and water.
If I were there alone in a boat
would I remember what was ocean
and what was sky?
Would I forget both
and feel only one plane
encompassing both fully?
What would it be like to see a sunrise
from there? Transitioning from dark
to light, to see the sky
give birth to our world once more.
After viewing that
I could begin a new faith
and preach,
not of god and sin,
but of a simple truth
found in an ancient order
that persists everywhere.

No comments: