Sunday, February 7, 2016

Can There Still Be Miracles In A World Without Ghosts?

It's a complicated issue thats been discussed at length
between scholars and practitioners of many faiths
but there has been no consensus of which to speak.

I spoke with an empty mind when I was a boy
who was sure of the machinations of the world.

I knew a priest who was kind and wished to show me
the existence of the goodness of God.

He died. He died young and suddenly. I went to his
funeral at our parish. I sat alone in the back of our church.

I had wanted to be a priest. I desired to know the full
measure of God's love and spread His gospel.

After the funeral I no longer considered it.

Can we make a covenant right now between
the two of us? I ask for nothing you cannot give.

Let us give our word to one another and make
this bond in permanence.

Let us commit to exhausting ourselves in this life
to the pursuit of possibility and to create joy

in greater measure than any harm we may will
or encumber accidentally.

I will pray for you. I hope you will pray for me
as well. Let the Holy Ghost descend on us-

in union we shall succeed no matter the distance
we place between.

No comments: