Monday, February 15, 2016

Words of the Inevitable

If there is soul I will find it
This is an exercise in nothing
This nothing is merely a representation
of a temporary something
What is can not be said to be non-existent
What is non-existent cannot be said to have been
In this time we have there is time enough
to be lazy and dream and there is time enough
to work to till the soil to watch the flowers bloom
Life is never wasted
Death is certainly no end
Transitions are always the hardest
and always inevitable
Right now is the only now worth anything
Yesternow has ceased to be of any value
except through the clarity of hindsight
No matter what matters matter cannot cease
the state of its existence
Kiss and bring me to life
Take off my clothes
Place me beneathe the sheets to sleep
To dream To while away time
While here and now I sit
impatient and waiting
Waiting and patiently thinking
of everything Thinking of
letting the river of the cosmos
flow through the fleeting strokes
beneathe my finger tips
Morning has come
and evening is hours away
but it is inevitable
and so
these words are
as well only when
     laid upon the page

No comments: