Sunday, September 4, 2016

It Doesn't Matter He's Dead Anyway

Don't believe the hype of conspiracy
I doubt his wife had reason to murder her famous husband
The signs had been piling up behind him
None of them were good
Hindsight won't do him any good now
His daughter was married to someone in a band
who looked just liked him
Perhaps it was more than coincidental
His wife is in the news every now and then
over something or other
It's sort of sad but she's managed to outlive him
despite her problems
His music lingers the speakers blaring
so called classic rock
even if it doesn't seem like long ago
The years pile up like dust on attic furniture
I was slightly too young to care
at the time and now I see the bigger picture
We're only here for a brief time
We'll watch many friends and strangers die
before our time comes
no matter how we may delude ourselves otherwise
You look beautiful today
I don't care how messed up your hair is
I'd kiss you right now
I love you
Don't worry
We're here together now

No comments: