Friday, October 7, 2016

Infinite Curves of a Bending Universe (Freewrite)

Infinite Curves of a Bending Universe

Where does find beauty and hope
When it cannot be found within

Austere and Monastic
This life of unintentional living

Without your living voice
This world became sadder
And uglier
You are still missed
And thus it shall always be
A degraded place
Without you in it

Love is no thing
It is also not nothing
It is best presented
By the algebraic variable X
We must solve for it
Even if we grow frustrated
In pursuit of it

I promise nothing to myself
I have learned to break
Promises more easily
Than it should be
I ache at my misspent years
Or have they been
A masters class in finding
Reason from nothing

Source of my desire
I think of you often
When your image appears
I am overcome by you
Scarcely do we see another
Building walls of ill reason
I keep approaching you
From nowhere

Darling, there was a moment
the world could have changed
We would have instigated
The shift but we abstained
And let this world continue
On it's faulty course
From this distant shore
I admire your beauty
And memory
And think of an evening
Where possibility
Was more than possible

A Monument to the Eternal
Lost from this life
I mourn you
Memory is burned into
Eternal monument
Dearest
Lost from this place
I shed tears turned to stone
On your grave
I would have been fortunate
To have been taken first
Agony of the living
Memory comforts and haunts
Sunrise Sunset
Promise and heartache
To the horizon
I reach for you
Will join you
Let time be fleeting
Let what remains fall away
Let me return
To the elements
Let me journey
Towards the eternal

What I Know is Incomplete and Tenuous at Best

A World Reborn and Recast
Into an Image Never Before Seen

Alone with no one to love
She sees me walking to Her
Will our eyes meet
Will I walk by
With nary a glance


Sun rises and sets
Whether or not we are there
To bear it witness


Loaded and alone
Rest your head here dearest one
Alone at morning


Nothing is for free
Should it ever really be
Sleep well tonight dear

No comments: