Saturday, March 24, 2018

Night and Morning 3/23/18 - 3/24/18

I saw the dawn in your eyes
And rose within you
Sweet morning dew
Taste of lips touching

Don't trust a word from me
My heart is a mercenary
and you're my next kill

Your soft kiss
Our soft kiss
Our lips saying
Hello
A pleasant
introduction

The nightmare became reality
as I held on to your hand
Your flesh withered
and your bones turned to dust
Standing here inconsolable
Wind blowing dust into me
All flesh is fleeting
All dreams are wind
All hope floating on air
All rain/tears falling from the sky

I want my body inside of you

The flies and the angels
feeding on the same bodies

Everything is dream and memory

Pouring rain washing the filth into the sewers
out into the ocean out into the vast expanse
between continents and men

Everything changes
Everything becomes something else
Everyone changes
Everyone becomes someone else

falling down endless stairs
bruising flesh and bone
steps upon steps upon steps

King of Light
Queen of Night
or is it the other way?

Listening to someone else's grief
Not knowing what to do
Listen listen listen
in the darkness of the room
in the light of morning
Listen listen listen
Grief coming in waves
Soaking your spirit to the marrow

You reach for the darkness and it touches your hand

Omnipotent God
Unable to save his son from sacrifice
Our sins forgiven
Couldn't he have done so anyway
Blood for sin
Innocence given to wind

I was reborn when I died
I was reborn when you left
I was reborn when my blood dripped on the dirt

A pool of blood
Life poured out
Light gleaming upon it


No comments: