Sunday, January 23, 2022

An Exercise in Freedom

I have to let my mind speak as quickly as it wishes
If I am to let it free itself from that which holds it.
What is the point of doing anything except that which
aligns with the heart? Tell me the worth, the value?
I listen to Leonard. His voice could be an aged wounded
lion resting on the savannah. What would he say of all
the lives he has taken? Necessary. Were I to forfeit my 
life for want of food? To live I must kill. Obligation and
necessity. Teeth sinking into flesh, blood staining fur. 
A sacrament eternally renewed. Listening, yes, I am 
listening. I must allow myself freedom. Cut the anxiety
and worry and let the moment be. This moment. One 
and only. Holy, holy, holy. I will sleep in peace knowing
you are next to me. Breathing with eyes closed. Holy.
There is no end to us. There is only being. There is only
rearrangement. New visions from old matter. Explain
consciousness. Ah, yes. Yes. Sit here and listen to the 
story of existence. First there was nothing, then everything.
Nothing was possible. Everything became possible. 
A squirrel scrambling up a tree. You, watching from the
corner of an eye, being and letting be.

No comments: