Wednesday, August 10, 2022

From City to Forest

I could feel the tension in my body
as we moved through our days in the city.
Managing my unease to keep going
was enough to leave me exhausted.
Coming home to our bed, to our 
place of comfort, surrounded by green
leaves, deer, and lakes, gives my soul
the peace of mind I need now.
I ask myself if this is a necessary 
time of rest and contemplation 
as the gears turn towards the next
phase of being. Does everyone 
do this? When does this hit for them?
I suppose the answer is yes and
it depends. Am I the audience
watching reruns late at night,
talking over old story lines
and wondering what it all meant?
With every question answered
two more appear. With every problem
solved another comes into view.
This is life. This is how it is,
how it has always been. Do I think
myself special? I want to but history
bears out a different answer. 
This body, this mind, living in and 
out of balance, knowing pleasure 
and pain, knowing the sweet 
and bitter. My words are no more
than trite attempt at facsimile 
of what is unrepeatable. 
I want my love to grow.
I want to spread understanding.
There is never enough time
but there is still time.

No comments: