Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Late Night Madness

like this moment
for everything gone right
i still feel something
to be missing
inside myself.
whether it be
in my head
or in my heart.
there is still
a yearning
that aches
to be filled.
some days
it is more apparent
than others.
some nights
it keeps me
wide awake
and disturbs
my mind to a
great degree.
on those nights
i wonder whether
or not i can possibly
go on this way.
so far each time
the answer
has been yes.
i hope to keep
it that way for
the foreseeable
future
but sometimes
i just don't know.


fear
life terrifies me.
it can be the most
daunting thing.
it sits there
just staring at us,
waiting for us
to make a move.


more on the same topic
writing late at night
can be a cathartic
experience at times.
a quiet catharsis
that is denied me
in other forms
of expression.
when my mind
and heart
pour forth
their fears
and insecurities
by the baleful.
other times
it just gets worse
and sleep only comes
through sheer
physical exhaustion.

No comments: