Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sometimes I Wish I Had Lost That Leg

it started at barnes and noble
the same old story
plays through
again and again
in my life
when it comes to you.
close
but not quite
good enough
close
but not quite
the one
for you.
it might be easier
to live like johnny
when he got his
gun.



single subject
i am pretty sure
you have not
been oblivious
to me
and my emotions
but you probably
don't
have the heart
in you to just
out and out
crush my
feelings.
after all this time
i think i would
rather you
did that
than have
this going on
and on again.



fuck you and these dead feelings
i am not
entirely sure
if i care anymore
but i can't
be sure of
that either.


one track
there is no other option
except
for the path
i have embarked upon.
this mad mind
would rather
die than
surrender
to anyone else's
expectations of myself.

No comments: