Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Waking Life

For YOU
I woke up

dreaming

we had fallen in love.

It was a beautiful

and simple thing.

The hours were

more real

than any waking

moment.

The conversation

flowed like

rivers of wine

as we listened,

postured

our bodies

to each other.

We sheepishly

held hands,

realized there was

no awkwardness,

just joy and

contentment.

I could see

the moment our

fingers locked together,

it was more real,

more pure than any

moment of my waking life

has ever been.

Our words continued

to strengthen

our newfound bond.

We kissed.

Your lips

felt like

kissing

an angel.

A gentleness I had

never before known,

a serenity only you

could bring.

It was a beauty

and perfection

unquestionable

as it unfolded.

The final fleeting moments

in my car

as we headed toward

an unknown

destination

together

at night

on the freeway.

I can't forget

your laugh,

your smile,

our hands like

innocent children

discovering

the joy

of another's

touch.

No comments: