Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Before It All Fell Apart

Your parents were asleep in their room as

you snuck me in

through the front door.

I watched every step to

guard against

any needless sounds.


We turned into the hall where

your room was,

you told me your

brother had the room

next to yours (great

I thought).


Your room looked like a

heavenly paradise once you

locked the door behind us,

making sure it was firmly

shut. The lights were low,

your white bed looked

comfortable and inviting.


You said we could watch a

nature documentary, it was

the one I'd heard so much

about.


We began to kiss, a chain

reaction of affection and

desire kept us from ever

finishing that film as it

played in the background.


I could have stayed there

all night, I wanted to hold you

and finish the movie.


You told me I had to leave

because of your parents,

I understood, it would have

been an awkward introduction.

At least your brother wasn't

home that night.

No comments: