Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unconscious Dreams of Other Realities

my unconsciousness awoke to find that you

had set sail across the sea.

it was all over the news, you had been

stranded for days with

supplies running out. sickness

and death were

stalking you on that boat.

I fretted and fretted

until I decided

I would do what I had

to do in order to get you

back. Through miracles easy

to gloss over I made it to you.

You were curled up in your cabin,

tired, hungry and evading death as best

you could. I had never been

so happy to see you.

I could taste the joy,

hunger, and pain through every

kiss. 

The scene shifts

suddenly, is this home?

It seems that ordeal had

been someone elses nightmare.

You were in the shower

and I had to leave.

I walked over to the door,

the sound of water coming down

on your body, on the tub.

I heard you say something

as I hurried to the

door, rushing

to the next scene,

the one that brought

this piece,

the one that makes me

wonder about

this reality.

No comments: