Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Even Mirrors Feel Guilt

I couldn't take it   didn't want to to deal with it
with you    anymore   A test of all my patience
friendship   of everything I could give   until
finally   I had to leave  had to cut us apart because
there is no sense in two people drowning
My memories of us are the colors of a palette
smeared together   rendered a mess   what was
and could have been   has dried up   Am I through
with this   I had thought so   I learned I would
rather ignore you   and us    hoped it'd be enough
to be able to leave it behind  You were the first
to call me by my favorite name  even that
is tinged by you   a result of you   I turned on you
because  I lov ed   you  because you hurt me     pushed
me beyond any place I could tolerate being
      My mirror     is just as guilty     as yours




No comments: