Monday, October 28, 2013

Taking Flight

Enter the scene en medias res

Determine location

The chill of a beach breeze

touches skin

A smooth rock

alone

catches my eye

I do not reach for it

absorbs my gaze

twitches on the ground

like a muscle spasm before sleep

Just an illusion

tricking my poor mind

It must not like the attention

and spins quickly

in place

Perhaps the wind

kissed it

tickled its curves

I must be seeing things

lack of sleep

strange figments

realistic fiction

elements of reality

purposed to propose the preposterous

I maintain our distance

as it maintains position

Can it hear my thoughts

I look upon it once more

a searing focus

My left hand extends

as if ready to conduct an orchestra

through Dvorak's

New World Symphony

It trembles once more on the ground

casts a shadow above its former home

it ascends

towards my palm

Icarus would be amazed

it stops

allows me to grasp it in my hand

No comments: