Friday, April 24, 2015

Association

FOCUS on an image. FOCUS on a word.
Pick one. It doesn't matter what it is. Let's
say FRUIT. FRUIT. Have you had one
today? What color was it? How did it taste?
Did you choke on a seed or swallow it?
Be SPECIFIC. APPLE. It was an APPLE.
It was GREEN and a little SOUR and was
CRISP when I bit into it. This is FICTION.
There was no APPLE TODAY. What was
THERE? THERE was WORK. WORK
was WORK. It was harmless and mindless.
Where did my mind GO? It didn't GO any
where. It was merely HERE. HERE. What
place is HERE? It is my room on a Friday
night, ALONE. ALONE? Yes. I can hear
the WAVES and WIND only because I
recorded them a few days ago. I am in a
ROOM ALONE. I could not be further
from the WATER. WATER WATER
everywhere or so we would hope. THEY
say we are running out of WATER. We
are. We have been reckless. We PRETEND
everything is fine. We will grow thirsty
without any WATER. Running through
sprinklers will be a thing of the past to
children dressed only in their underwear
on hot summer DAYS. DAYS run away
from US. They disappear behind US as
if they never were but they were for we
must LIVE with the consequences of our
CHOICES. CHOICES are free to be made
though often we feel as though we have
none. Having no choice is a choice. FREE
WILL. Let's not get started on this. We
will be here all night and we need our rest.

No comments: