Sunday, October 8, 2017

Places to Go, Parts to Play

I heard a voice begin to sing
from a distant place
I could hear the voice
clearly in my mind
Everywhere I went
the voice followed
singing it's songs
and melodies
I started walking and
decided to walk
until I could find the voice
So I walked and walked
and occasionally slept
then walked and walked
and slept some more
How many days passed
in this manner
I do not know
I kept listening
and walking
and at times I felt closer
At night I would watch the stars
and feel the coolness on my skin
the voice still singing
though a bit more quietly
and now singing lullabies
One night I fell asleep
and when I woke
I could no longer hear the voice
singing nor it's beautiful melodies
I looked towards the blinding sun
and decided to walk home
Every so often I remember
that voice and cry
and wonder if
such beauty could
exist again

No comments: