Saturday, January 13, 2018

Awake

I dreamt that I woke up. I got out of bed and put on
my shoes and walked out the door in my pajamas.
I walked down the street and into the city and then
I walked until I was no longer in the city. Vast fields
greeted me and I continued to walk as these silent
lands bathed sun and silence. Days and nights became
a quickening cycle until I stopped trying to keep track
of how much time had gone by. As I walked I listened
to my breathing. I would close my eyes as I inhaled
and open as I exhaled. I began to feel words emerge
from the sun, wind, and moon. They were simple
but spoke of a primal truth. And so I walked and
walked and walked. One day I looked at my hands
and saw the color of my skin fading. If anything
I began to become translucent. No matter, I kept
walking and breathing and listening. How many
days? How many weeks? How many months? How
many years? How many lifetimes? Did it matter?
My body began to fade slowly though I could still
feel the presence of all my body. I could still grasp
with my hands, I could still feel my feet upon the
ground, I, I simply became as though I were living
wind gliding over and through all the lands. Finally
there came the day that nothing was left of me to
see but I kept walking. And I walked further and
farther, until one day I began to dream and in that
dream...

No comments: