Saturday, December 5, 2009

ISLANDS

ISLANDS

Wandering the seas for this fabled land I will risk the life I seek to preserve. What pride or ambition will mark this journey I undertake? I will will this ambition into being. A foolhardy venture they claim, but what hence when I return from the seas with my conquest, proof in hand?
Accolades will bear my name, my exalted stature will remember naught the naysayers who bore down their thumbs at my aspirations. I am Odysseus and Columbus, I am the boldness of our kind, I am the ambition that seeks not approval nor sanity in pursuits. I am. Je suis. Yo Soy. My life, my death will be my own. These Islands my white whale to pursue to the bottomless depths of hope and folly. Islands await my feet upon their shore, the waves at my back, the doubters at bay. On these Islands, my salvation, my ambition, my redemption. For mine glory and mine alone.

No comments: