Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Angel by Kelli Anne Noftle


Snow Angel by Kelli Anne Noftle
Made a snow angel in the sand

but the ocean washed the shape away

and everyone just stared at me for

wearing mittens to the beach

on the hottest day of summer but I

wanted Olive forced into

a season change.

Stark white memories but,

darling there's no such thing.

Just these recycled feelings

with a different face. And

I'll pick up where she left off

if you will pick up

when I'm gone.

When I'm

gone

gone

gone.

So I made your past

a narrative

and I watched it as

an audience

detached from all the characters. And

everything we thought we lost

was saved

and everything we thought we gave away

we kept.

And we slept in so many

hotel rooms that the sheets started

smelling like

smelling like we did.

Surely darkness will hide me

and the light

become the night

around me.

___________________________

This has been a song I have had on repeat the last few days
and I just wanted to share this.

For more info on her and her music please visit

www.myspace.com/miniaturesoap

No comments: