Friday, January 30, 2015

Entertaining the Muse

she is bored but likes to come
over in between jobs
and bouts of inspiration
I've told her to not worry
about work when she is here
but that doesn't always work
I tell her to take a nap,
read a book, watch a movie
but she will ultimately look away
and say "that's crap!"
more often than not she is right
and I cannot argue
and must agree
She is asleep on my bed
even though I hate finding
her long hairs on my pillows
She is a sweet creature
but I must sleep on the couch
because she tosses in her sleep
and she once slapped me
across the face as her arm
flailed out from some terrible
unseen dream
She will be gone in the morning
after she has some coffee
and remembers her busy schedule
She will look me in the eyes
and mouth something to me
as she walks out the door
and gives me a freebie
for giving her a place to crash

No comments: