Friday, January 30, 2015

Let It Write Itself Freely

parched tongue like that of a cat
licking my skin seeking a way
to convince and cajole into the
petting of spine and muscle
I have to unwind the narrative
from my head it has spooled tight
and will not give easily to being
unthreaded and left in a pile on
the floor but how are we to make
cloth if we do not have wool or
cotton at hand I am not as scared
to be naked as I once was being
without clothes I realize how
defenseless I am how I am aging
how I am in a race towards an end
but the end is not the end or so I
believe I do not need to believe in
God or gods or goddesses to know
I am eternal that part of me will
continue to be long after I have
ceased to be anything even remotely
recognizable to this form will my
consciousness disperse into space
and become particles to be absorbed
into the stars and gaseous clouds
floating in the nebulous beauty of
boundless space oh to be something
so beautiful and immortal will we
know such beauty in our waking
lives or must we dream and dream
long nights of our lives away in
search of unconscious visions from
our subconscious thoughts but our
consciousness is a mystery I am
willing to conceded as divine and
if we are divine then i must tell you
that we are gods and that we have
power to wield or abdicate as we
please but please is always the word
of magic and it is what we wish
to achieve with others and others
to ourselves though ourselves
are fragile things that we hold on
to as best we can as long as can
but we need to let go of this of
each other of everything of loss
because everything will be lost
and broken and rebuilt into new
visions of ancient worlds in future
kingdoms of kindness where we
will cease the endless wars we have
waged in our ignorance but we need
not be ignorant we must see but
i cannot see my eyes are closed
and heavy with the weight of a long
life that is much too short and i am
short and this world is short and we
are all far too aware of our height
how majestic we would be if we
were sequoias rooted in the ground
towering over the land as creatures
grew in our branches far overhead
where they have only heard faint
rumors of land and have come to
heaven then any of us ever have

No comments: