Sunday, September 24, 2017

Listening In

The gaze must turn inward
The path winds through our life
and mind and we must
follow that which leads us through
To be alive and mindful
of that which courses through us
that which propels us forward
To be more than the body
which holds us to this world
Seeking that which transcends
the self and gives life
to the unseen soul of us
I profess to be nothing more
than a student watching and
interacting with this life
I desire to be more compassionate
and understanding of others
I know this time is fleeting
and wish to nurture that
which matters most
To wake from sleep and
to fall into it is merely to
travel between worlds
I close my eyes and listen to
mother's voice as she heals me
Together in this place
We must grow together
Creation is life

No comments: