Monday, November 27, 2017

Characters and Settings

The story starts and it does not end
It does not end when you or I do
It continues long past us
In fact the story had begun
long before us
In this brief window of years
we bloom under the sun
and bask in the warmth of life
We ask ourselves if there is more
beyond this life
There are many different ideas
about this but they must
be taken on faith
This works for many
but not everyone
I have a hunch of what I believe
but it probably wouldn't work
for everyone
I am living this story as I write it
and hoping I get it right
on the first try
There are no second drafts
Every day we carry on
even on days we have believed
to be impossible
Every breath is an unspoken prayer
Every day is a promise made and kept
This story
Our story
This life
Our lives

No comments: