Monday, November 6, 2017

On Happiness

Does my happiness exist in the company of others?
Does my happiness exist in my solitude?
It does and it doesn't.
It exists and it comes and goes as it pleases.
There are times of endless tedium
when it skirts along the edges of my life.
My happiness exists and for that I am glad.
Does your happiness keep you company
on nights uncertainty?
Does your happiness show itself to you
in little bits at random times?
Human, oh so human.
If truth be told
I worry about my happiness
from time to time.
Yet for all my worry
I have never believed that my happiness
would leave and never return to me.
It is my companion through
the undulating waves of this life.
It has it's own moods
but I don't begrudge it that.
I do not expect my happiness
to solve the problems of my life.
I work on it the problems as much
as I can. I try to let my happiness grow
in small ways that enrich my soul.
I wish my life and yours
to be filled with as much happiness
as we can reasonably embrace.

No comments: