Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Contemplation / Morning 12/26/17

I woke up thinking
about wanting to free myself
from my bodily desires
To free myself from my bad habits
of drink and food
To move more
To feel the wind and sky more
To explore more
To slowly move from my room
to this outer world once more
I want to be more
I want to feel more
But only I can bring this dawn
This remains in my hands alone
This is my choice
This is what I must remember
This is how I must act

What was good enough can no
longer be acceptable

I must let myself be more fully
present in the present
This - the eternal now
Always
Always here

Discipline
Control
Growth
I must master myself
to foster these

To receive love
To give love
To receive love
To give love
To receive love
To give love

Dying days of a dying year
We look towards the sun
towards the moon
towards the stars in the heavens
Looking for an answer
Looking for reassurance
to get us through the days ahead
Winter  at our feet
Dreams of Spring 
just further ahead

God is within
What does this mean?
Have you considered
that you are the expression
of universal consciousness
that you are in fact 
an incarnation of God
We are all God
in this fashion
Flawed and finite
as part of an infinite
timeline stretching 
far behind and ahead of us

plucking of strings
drops of rain
resonance
sound bleeding into air
lungs breathing 

I am the steward of this body
My spirit
My body 
This place I call my own


No comments: