Friday, March 14, 2008

Destroy The Dam And Let The River Flow

SHUT THE FUCK UP she said
i don't know anyone,
not even my close friends
who can understand
the torrent of
activity
that takes up
residence in my mind
on any given day
at any give moment.
i can let the words
spill out for hours
if you would let me.
when i sit down to write
sometimes it just keeps
flowing through my
fingertips
that mistakes abound
as the flesh struggles
to keep pace
with the fury
that is forcing
its way out of my head.
you may say i talk too much
but you will never know
or understand the inner
dialog that races
around every moment.
you may say i talk too much
or perhaps
you don't talk enough.
for as much as i may talk
some times i think
you forget
that i always do
what i say.
how many can claim that?

No comments: