Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sing Your Sorrowful Heart Out To Me Again My Love.

All These Dreams Move Away From Me
you'll call me when you need me,
talk to me when you feel like it,
see me if you ever get the time,
be with me if your heart ever meets mine.

we closed such distance within ourselves
only to push apart again.

desire can't be
such a
one sided affair.

that is what it has been
with us for time immemorial

and now i am ready
to let you go
for good
for ever
if that is what
we need to be.


dancing on that grave
wouldacouldashoula
by now already
if there had been a chance
wouldacouldashoulda
if there had been a chance all along.
now i dance
on the grave of these fond memories
packing that dirt
tighter and tighter
onto the coffin below.
your feet don't move
to the sound
of the backyard rhythm
that makes me
pound my feet
harder and harder
down
down
down
onto
that grave below.


good enough
i would sing these words to you
in a song
if i could sing.
i would sing these words
over guitar
if i could play guitar.
i would tear my heart out for you
if i had
a heart left to break apart.
so this will have to do for you,
this will have to do
and i'm sure it'll be fine,
it'll be good enough
for you
and that'll be
good enough for me.


morning song
morning sing to me,
morning sing to me
through the window
and onto my weary head.
morning come to me,
morning come to me
and make me rise
from this bed again.
morning take me,
morning take me
to where i need to be
and where i need to go.
morning breathe hope
morning breathe hope
into my lungs again
to make it through today.
morning
make me strong enough.


on distance
every step is a mile
every mile
a space i need to cross
from here
to where i need to be.
nothing easy can be good.
nothing good has ever been easy.
every step a mile
every step
closer
to where i need to be.


the difference between then and now
drowning my sorrow
into the empty bottle
was the only way
this used to end.
those nights are done
and these days are starting
with the bottle full
and the cap seal unbroken.
when night comes by
and leaves,
the bottle cap seal
will be the same
as it ever was.

No comments: