Friday, May 1, 2009

Driving to the end of the map.


Guilty Mirrors Break

We make terrible choices all the time.
Relationships are made to stave off
the sense of loneliness and inadequacy
that has been fostered by a lifetime
of neglect and dashed expectations.

The belief that material possessions
can bring one closer to completion
is thoroughly believed and falls short
of what true contentment can be.

There is so much pain in so many eyes
on any given day in any place you look
that one wonders what it is that compels
us to push forward day by day to some
mystical end game we will never understand.

We seek happiness without ever wondering 
what it means and what it is.

It is a question worth asking 
even though the answer is only one
that we know once we have experienced it.




---------------------------------------


Most people want the very thing
that they cannot have.
The mind convinces itself
of the utter perfection of life
if this one thing,
one person 
could be obtained.

We are foolish in such ways.

Look at any friend or acquaintance
in your life and you will see the truth 
to this.

If you wish.

-----------------

Isolation

Sometimes it feels like I'm speaking
in a dark room to no one at all.

The realization hits

that it is the truth

and my fingers flutter

over keys in silence.


Vulnerable

You have been my biggest disappointment
and my only regret.

Love is all I have ever wanted and
it evades me at every turn.
Nothing can fill this aching part of myself.
The mindless pleasures of the flesh 
have been nothing more than glimpses at 
deeper joys denied to one as myself.
Other pursuits bring joy and connection
but not at the level I seek.
I cannot hold these things close to me on 
dark nights of doubt and introspection.
So I sit in silence
hoping someone is listening
and could be missing me,
maybe even needing me.
I have grown fearful 
of reaching out to those 
that I may grow to love
or could love me
from a history of rejection
and shattered expectation.
How much more can I take
until I decide this is
ENOUGH
and leave these thoughts
to the dustbins of the past?



No comments: